MACOMB, Ill. – The Oral Roberts baseball team starts a seven game road swing this weekend at Western Illinois as the teams open a three-game Summit League series Friday at Alfred D. Boyer Stadium.
Geoff Haxton will have the radio call as the series opens Friday at 3 p.m. The entire series can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free through ORUAthletics.com.
|Oral Roberts at Western Illinois | April 10-12 | Macomb, Ill. | Alfred D. Boyer Stadium|
|Series Schedule||Coverage||Projected Starters|
|Game 1: Friday, April 10 - 3 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Xavier Altamirano (3-1)
WIU - RHP Joe Mortillaro (2-2)
|Game 2: Saturday, April 11 - 12 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Bryce Howe (1-1)
WIU - LHP Tom Constand (2-4)
|Game 3: Sunday, April 12 - 12 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - TBA
SDSU - LHP Preston Church (1-5)
|Social: Twitter | Instagram // Game Notes: ORU | Western Illinois|
OUT OF THE BOX
• ORU enters the weekend having won 11 of their last 12 and 15 of the last 18 which includes a 4-1 record against Big 12 teams during mid-week games.
• The first official RPI rankings released by the NCAA left the Golden Eagles at No. 40 while College Baseball pushed ORU to No. 38 after Tuesday's win against #23 Texas Tech. ORU also carries a the a strength of scheduled that ranks 41 and a non-conference strength of schedule as the 7th hardest in college baseball. ORU is also 6-6 against top 100 teams this season.
• Anthony Sequeira continues to swing a hot bat hitting .400 in the last 12 games and ranks second in the Summit League with 31 RBI which is also 58th in NCAA Division I.
• Sequeira, Audie Afenir and Rolando Martinez all rank in the top five of the Summit League in batting average led by Sequeira (.360) ranking 185 nationally, while Afenir (.350) ranks fourth and Martinez (.345) at fifth in the league.
• Derrian James was named Summit League Player of the Week giving ORU its third honor. James hit .429 with seven runs scored, five RBI, two home runs, a pair of walks and a stolen base. He did not strike out in 17 plate appearances and had a .857 slugging percentage and .500 on-base percentage.
• ORU leads the Summit League in nearly every offensive category and ranks in the top 50 nationally in hits (333/29th), batting average (.309/14th), doubles (65/32nd) and on base percentage (.395/22nd).
• The Golden Eagles pitching staff has also been tops in the Summit League with fewest runs allowed (142), strikeouts (239) and ERA (3.43). ORU ranks 57th nationally in ERA while also ranking 32nd in strikeout-to-walk ratio at 2.81 while TCU leads the country at 4.91.
UP NEXT FOR ORU
The Golden Eagles head to Stillwater looking for a sweep of No. 9 Oklahoma State Tuesday evening. First pitch from Allie P. Reynolds Stadium is set for 6 p.m.