Score: Auburn 10 - Oral Roberts 1
Records: AU (7-8) - ORU (7-6)
Location: Plainsman Park - Auburn Ala.
AUBURN, Ala. - Auburn snapped a five-game losing streak Saturday afternoon as the Tiger offense came to life in a 10-1 win over the Golden Eagles at Plainsman Park.
The Tigers (7-8) opened the game similar to how the Golden Eagles opened the series Friday with runs in the first. In all, Auburn tallied runs in five innings in the ORU loss.
It wasn't until the fifth inning that the Golden Eagles (7-6) were able to break the scoreless streak. Chase Stafford lined a ball to right field and was able to trot into second for a stand-up double. Sophomore Noah Cummings picked up the two-out RBI in the next at bat as he singled down the right field line to make it a 5-1 Auburn lead.
The Tigers answered back in the sixth as they used a pair of walks and three hits en route to a four-run inning to erase all hopes of an ORU comeback. '
Junior right-hander Logan Michaels went four complete in the loss, falling to 0-2 on the season. He struck out two and gave up just one walk. Trevor McCutchin, Grant Glaze and Cale Tims closed out the contest for the Golden Eagles out of the bullpen. Glaze tossed and inning and two thirds, giving up only one hit.
Freshman Casey Mize picked up the win for the Tigers. He improved to 1-1 on the season after tossing seven innings and giving up just one run.
- It was the first time this season that ORU has given up 10 runs in a game.
- The Golden Eagles stranded nine runners on base.
- Auburn outhit ORU 14-7.
- Stafford finished with two hits, including a double. It was the second time this year the senior has had a two-hit day. He was the only Golden Eagles batter to have multiple base hits.
- Matt Whatley extended his hitting streak to a team-high 12 games this season and 16 overall dating back to last season with a double in the eighth.
- Auburn finished with three errors.
ORU will play the rubber game of the series Sunday at 1 p.m. as sophomore Taylor Varnell will take the mound for the Golden Eagles. The game will be available on the SEC Network/WatchESPN as well as on 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world on ORUAthletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU baseball, follow @ORUBaseball on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.