ELMHURST, Ill. – Fort Wayne shortstop Greg Kaiser was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week while ORU relief pitcher Josh McMinn garnered the league's Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of April 11-17.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK
JOSH MCMINN, ORAL ROBERTS
Fr. // RHP // Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Collected his second Summit League Pitcher of the Week award of the season
- Earned two relief appearance wins on the week, who had an undefeated week (4-0), including a three-game series sweep of Omaha
- Tossed three innings without allowing a hit against nationally-ranked Oklahoma State to earn the victory
- Pitched the final four innings of the series' finale against Omaha, allowing just one hit and striking out four
- In total, threw 7.0 innings, allowed one hit, one walk, and no earned runs with a WHIP of 0.286
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
GREG KAISER, FORT WAYNE
Sr. // SS // Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Earned his third career Summit League Player of the Week award and first this season
- Helped the Mastodons to a perfect 4-0 week, including a series sweep at Western Illinois over the weekend
- In game one, went 3-for-5 with three two-run home runs for a six-RBI afternoon
- Followed that up by blasting two more dingers Saturday, more than doubling his season output (4) in just two days to move up to first on the league's home run leaderboard (9)
- Batted .647 (11-for-17), tallying at least two hits in each game this week, and went 3-for-5 in all three wins against the Leathernecks
- Slugged 1.647 with a .700 on-base percentage and driving in 10 runs in four games; Seven of his nine base hits went for extra bases
For the latest information on ORU baseball, follow @ORUBaseball on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.