ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts infielder Dylan Snypes was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while Oral Roberts starter Josh McMinn and North Dakota State starter Luke Lind garnered the Pitcher of the Week awards for their performances during the week of March 6-12.
DYLAN SNYPES, ORAL ROBERTS
Jr. // IF // State Line, Miss.
- Earned his first career Player of the Week award
- Went 3-for-5 with a double and run scored in a win over Little Rock
- Added a pair of hits against No. 16 Dallas Baptist on Friday and followed that with a three-hit, three-run performance against the Patriots Sunday
- For the week, batted .571 (8-for-14) with a .571 on-base percentage and .714 slugging percentage
- Had a pair of doubles with four runs scored and an RBI
Also nominated: Mason Pierzchalski, North Dakota State; Nick Smith, South Dakota State; Conner Currier, Western Illinois
JOSH MCMINN, ORAL ROBERTS
So. // RHP // Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Captured his third career Pitcher of the Week honor
- Pitched eight innings, allowing just five hits and one earned run in a 7-3 win over No. 16 Dallas Baptist
- Recorded five strikeouts with just one walk against the Missouri Valley Conference preseason favorite
LUKE LIND, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // RHP // Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Received his second career Pitcher of the Week honor
- Tossed a complete game shutout in North Dakota State 10-0 win over St. Bonaventure in the RussMatt Central Florida Invitational
- Allowed just three hits with four strikeouts and no walks
Also nominated: Chris Halbur, South Dakota State; Sam Cottingham-Beard, Western Illinois
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.
For the latest information on ORU Baseball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.