ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts first baseman Brent Williams was named Summit League Baseball Player of the Week, while North Dakota State starting pitcher Reed Pfannenstein garnered the Pitcher of the Week award for their performances during the week of May 8-14.
BRENT WILLIAMS, ORAL ROBERTS
Sr. // 1B // Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Earned his second career Player of the Week honor and first this season
- Led Oral Roberts to a three-game sweep of Omaha with a pair of three-hit games
- In game two, was a triple away from the cycle and added another homer in the series finale with three hits
- Three home runs on the week gives him 15 on the year which ranks first in The Summit League and 22nd nationally
- For the week, hit .500 (8-of-16) with a 1.250 slugging percentage and .556 on-base mark for an OPS of 1.806
- Totaled eight runs scored, five RBI, three roundtrippers, one double, one triple and two walks over 9.0 innings
Also nominated: Jackson Boyce, Fort Wayne; Logan Busch, North Dakota State; Matt Johnson, South Dakota State; Adam McGinnis, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Feb. 20 – Mason Pierzchalski, NDSU; Feb. 27 – Noah Cummings, ORU; March 6 – Ben Petersen, NDSU/Matt Whatley, ORU; March 13 – Dylan Snypes, ORU; March 20 – Newt Johnson, SDSU; March 27 – Grant Suponchick, UNO; April 3 – Chris Tschida, WIU; April 10 – Mitch Ellis, WIU; April 17 – Noah Cummings, ORU; April 24 – Drue Galassi, WIU; May 1 – Matt Whatley, ORU; May 8 – Adam McGinnis, WIU
REED PFANNENSTEIN, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Sr. // RHP // Rockville, Minn.
- Captured his second career Pitcher of the Week award and first this season
- Earned his first career complete game shutout in Saturday's 8-0 win over Western Illinois
- Allowed just three hits, all singles, with four strikeouts and three walks
Also nominated: Miguel Ausua, Oral Roberts; Tyler Olmstead, South Dakota State
Previous honorees: Feb. 20 – Ryan Froom, SDSU; Feb. 27 – Miguel Ausua, ORU; March 6 – Justin McGregor, ORU; March 13 – Josh McMinn, ORU/Luke Lind, NDSU; March 20 – Ryan Froom, SDSU; March 27 – Sam Murphy, UNO; April 3 – Corey Binger, UNO; April 10 – Ethan Kenkel, SDSU; April 17 – Justin McGregor, ORU; April 24 – Grant Glaze, ORU; May 1 – Luke Lind, NDSU; May 8 – Miguel Ausua, ORU/Pete Minella, WIU
ABOUT THE SUMMIT LEAGUE
Celebrating its 35th season of Division I athletics, The Summit League offers 19 championship sports and has a combined enrollment of over 120,000 at nine institutions, including four located in top 60 U.S. metro populations and two land-grant universities. Member institutions include: Denver (University of Denver), Fort Wayne (Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne), IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis), North Dakota State University, Omaha (University of Nebraska Omaha), Oral Roberts University, the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University and Western Illinois University. Previously known as the Mid-Continent Conference, The Summit League rebranded in 2007 and has since produced eight NCAA Champions along with over 80 Academic All-Americans, 75 All-America selections and numerous former student-athletes competing at the highest professional level. For more information about the league, visit www.thesummitleague.org website, follow The Summit League on Twitter @thesummitleague and watch the weekly "Inside The Summit League" show at www.thesummitleague.org/itsl.
For the latest information on ORU Baseball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.