Score: Oral Roberts 100 – Detroit 95
Records: ORU (6-1) – UDM (2-2)
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – A 16-point lead with 4:48 to play was trimmed to five in the final minute but the Oral Roberts men's basketball team held on to top Detroit 100-95, Saturday afternoon at the Mabee Center.
Thanks to an incredible 15-21 (71 percent) mark from 3-point range, the Golden Eagles scored 100 points in back-to-back games for the first time under Head Coach Scott Sutton and the first time since 1998.
Obi Emegano and Jalen Bradley combined for 52 points, 10 made 3-pointers and 12 of the team's 19 assists. Emegano topped 30 points for the second time this year with 31 in the game. Bradley scored a career high 21 points with seven assists and no turnovers. Aaron Young, who found out two minutes before tip that he would be starting due to an injury to Aaron Anderson, scored 15 points with three assists and no turnovers.
Carlton Brundidge scored 23 for the Titans, who had four players reach double figures, including Chris Jenkins who had 16 points and 13 rebounds for the double-double.
Bradley sparked an early 8-0 run, draining a 3-pointers and stealing the inbounds pass for an easy jumper. Kris Martin moved it to a 21-13 game with a 3-ball and ORU never trailed again.
Quote of the Game
"I'm happy we won the game, but we have a lot of things we can learn from this game, mainly on the defensive end and blocking out. Thankfully we had one of those nights where we just shot the heck out of the basketball." - Head Coach Scott Sutton
Oral Roberts: Emegano scored 31 points on an 8-14 shooting night that included a 5-5 effort from beyond the arc. Bradley controlled the offense with seven assists and no turnovers, while Brandon Conley was a force inside with seven points but 10 rebounds.
Detroit: Brundidge scored 23 points and Jenkins tallied the double-double with 16 points and 10 boards.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU gave up 20 offensive rebounds and was out-rebounded 45-38 as the Titans held a 23-10 advantage in second-chance points.
- Detroit also dominated down load with 55 points in the paint to ORU's 20.
- ORU shot the ball extremely well all game with a 53.6 percent effort for the game (30-56), including a 60.7 percent mark (17-28) in the second half.
- ORU was 15-21 from 3-point range for the game, going 9-12 in the second frame.
News and Notes
- ORU has been dominant at home, leading for 38:04 on Saturday, making it three straight regular season games in which ORU has led for at least 37 minutes.
- ORU scored 100 points in back-to-back games for the first time since 1998 when ORU beat Chicago State (105-75) and Northeastern Illinois (106-81) February 19 and 21.
- The 15 made 3-pointers by the Golden Eagles were the most since knocking down 15 at Centenary January 23, 2010.
- Emegano now has six 30-point games in his career, including two already this season (31 at South Carolina).
The Golden Eagles will head to New Mexico for one game, facing off against the Lobos Tuesday, December 1.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.