TULSA, Okla. – An elite 3-point shooter who was the 2015-16 San Antonio Player of the Year, Sam Kearns has signed his National Letter of Intent to join the Oral Roberts men's basketball program after a year at North Platte Community College.
Sam Kearns | 6-0 | Fr. | San Antonio, Texas // Clemens HS // North Platte Community College
- Averaged 12.8 points and 3.1 assists per game as a freshman at North Platte.
- Shot 53.1 percent from the field and 53.4 percent from 3-point range, ranking him fourth in the country.
- Named the 2015-16 San Antonio High School Player of the Year.
- 6A First Team All-State selection and the District 25-6A MVP.
- Had a 2:1 assist to turnover ratio last season.
- Kearns will have three years of eligibility remaining at ORU.
- Scored a season best 22 points on a 7-10 shooting effort at Laramie County last season.
Head Coach Paul Mills on Kearns
"I'm excited about Sam being a part of Oral Roberts University and our basketball program. Sam was one of the premiere shooters in junior college last season making more than 50 percent of his 3 point attempts. He has a terrific work ethic, will help enhance the culture of our program, and his approach to the game and his academics is impressive. I'm glad that Sam will be with us for the next three seasons to help us build ORU into a perennial contender in the Summit League."
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or go towww.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the Golden Eagles by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store.
--- #SoarAbove ---