Oral Roberts at UNLV
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 5 / 7 p.m. (PT) / 9 p.m. (CT)
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Las Vegas, Nev. (MGM Grand Garden Arena)
TULSA, Okla. – A stretch of three straight road games and eight of nine games away from home comes to an end Tuesday as the Golden Eagles play in Las Vegas against UNLV. ORU will return home for a pair of games this weekend.
Tuesday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. (PT) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
• ORU and UNLV have met one time prior to Tuesday's contest; an 86-80 win by UNLV on December 11, 1972 in Las Vegas.
• Both teams played a pair of overtime games last week. ORU lost in overtime Monday to Oakland at home before defeating Little Rock on the road in double overtime Saturday. UNLV fell in overtime at Northern Iowa Wednesday, and at home in overtime to Arizona Saturday.
• Following ORU's two games in Malibu as part of the 2017 Progressive Legends Classic, sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi was named to the subregional All-Tournament Team. Nzekwesi averaged 13 points and 6.5 rebounds against Montana and Pepperdine in Malibu.
• Entering the 2017-18 season, senior center Albert Owens was picked as a preseason first team All-Summit League selection while sophomore forward Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned preseason second team honors. Additionally, Blue Ribbon Sports tabbed sophomore guard Sam Kearns as The Summit League's Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
• It is a new look for ORU this season. In addition to new Head Coach Paul Mills, who will bring a new look on both offense and defense, ORU has nine newcomers, including a trio of redshirts from last year. ORU also has a new logo and home court design that were both released just before the start of the season.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).