Oral Roberts at Florida Gulf Coast
Date/Time: Saturday, December 16, 2017 / 8:15 p.m. (ET) / 7:15 p.m. (CT)
TV/Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Fort Myers, Fla. / Alico Arena
FORT MYERS, Fla. – After nearly a week off for final exams, the Oral Roberts men's basketball team will return to the court Saturday as the Golden Eagles face Florida Gulf Coast at Alico Arena in Fort Myers, Florida.
Saturday's game will tip off at 8:15 p.m. (ET) and will be broadcast on ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app. Radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at Florida Gulf Coast
Opponent Game Notes: at Florida Gulf Coast
Summit League Notes: Week 6
Live Stats: at Florida Gulf Coast
TV / Live Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: at Florida Gulf Coast
• Saturday's men's basketball contest will be the first ever meeting between the two programs.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 459 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• Entering the 2017-18 season, senior center Albert Owens was picked as a preseason first team All-Summit League selection while sophomore forward Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned preseason second team honors. Additionally, Blue Ribbon Sports tabbed sophomore guard Sam Kearns as The Summit League's Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
• It is a new look for ORU this season. In addition to new Head Coach Paul Mills, who will bring a new look on both offense and defense, ORU has nine newcomers, including a trio of redshirts from last year. ORU also has a new logo and home court design that were both released just before the start of the season.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).