ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts' Emmanuel Nzekwesi and South Dakota State's Mike Daum were named Summit League Men's Basketball Players of the Week for their performances Dec. 11-17.
EMMANUEL NZEKWESI, ORAL ROBERTS
So. // F // Trophy Club, Texas
- Garnered his first career Player of the Week honor
- Scored 24 points on 69.2 percent shooting (9-of-13) from the field in victory at FGCU, ranked No. 12 in Mid-Major Top 25
- Pulled down 11 rebounds for a double-double while adding four assists and a career-high three steals
- Matched or set personal season-highs in points (24), field goals (9), free throws made (6), rebounds (11) and steals (3) in win at FGCU
- Had a steal and a dunk as part of a late 8-0 run to take a four point lead and turn it into a 12 point advantage
- Helped ORU to its second straight victory over a team ranked in the top 15 of the College Insider Mid-Major poll
MIKE DAUM, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // F // Kimball, Neb.
- Collected his fifth career Player of the Week award and first this season
- Averaged 31.0 points and 11 rebounds during the week
- Scored a league season-high 37 points and totaled 12 rebounds at Colorado
- Tallied 25 points with 10 rebounds in victory over North Dakota
Also nominated: Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Zach Jackson, Omaha; Tyler Hagedorn, South Dakota
Previous Recipients: Nov. 13 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Nov. 20 – Mike Daum, South Dakota State; Nov. 27 – Tyson Ward, North Dakota State; Dec. 4 – Bryson Scott, Fort Wayne; Dec. 11 – Paul Miller, North Dakota State
ABOUT SUMMIT LEAGUE MEN'S BASKETBALL
Through 35 years of Division I athletics, The Summit League features men's basketball teams from eight member institutions: Denver, Fort Wayne, North Dakota State, Omaha, Oral Roberts, South Dakota, South Dakota State and Western Illinois with North Dakota becoming an official member for the 2018-19 season. In 2016-17, The Summit League finished with an all-time best No. 14 Sagarin Rating, achieved its sixth consecutive league top-20 RPI finish. The Summit League sent three teams to the postseason for the sixth straight year, highlighted by the deepest postseason tournament run since 2012. Called "March's Best-Kept Secret" by USA Today, The Summit League Basketball Championships again posted record-setting attendance figures, posting new marks for overall and session attendance. This season's event returns to the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center in Sioux Falls, S.D., March 3-6, 2018. For more information about the league, "See The Summit" by visiting www.thesummitleague.org and following Summit League Basketball on Twitter @summithoops.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).