Oral Roberts at Arkansas
Date/Time: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: SEC Network + / ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Fayetteville, Ark. / Bud Walton Arena
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will travel to Fayetteville, Arkansas, this week as the Golden Eagles battle Arkansas in a Tuesday night tilt at Bud Walton Arena.
Tuesday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on the SEC Network + and will be available on ESPN3 and the WatchESPN app. Radio broadcaster Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at Arkansas
Opponent Game Notes: at Arkansas
Summit League Notes: Week 7
Live Stats: at Arkansas
TV / Live Video: SEC Network + / ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: at Arkansas
• ORU and Arkansas have met 11 times leading into Tuesday's contest, with the Razorbacks holding a 9-2 advantage in the series. Both of ORU's wins came at home, in 1996 and 2002.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 462 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18, after scoring 24 points and pulling down 11 rebounds in ORU's win over Florida Gulf Coast. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• Entering the 2017-18 season, senior center Albert Owens was picked as a preseason first team All-Summit League selection while sophomore forward Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned preseason second team honors. Additionally, Blue Ribbon Sports tabbed sophomore guard Sam Kearns as The Summit League's Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
• It is a new look for ORU this season. In addition to new Head Coach Paul Mills, who will bring a new look on both offense and defense, ORU has nine newcomers, including a trio of redshirts from last year. ORU also has a new logo and home court design that were both released just before the start of the season.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).