Oral Roberts (7-11, 3-0) – South Dakota State (14-5, 2-0)
Date/Time: Thursday, January 11, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Brookings, S.D. / Frost Arena
BROOKINGS, S.D. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team (7-11, 3-0) will take its three game winning streak and first place standing in the Summit League on the road this weekend as the Golden Eagles face fellow unbeaten South Dakota State (14-5, 2-0) Thursday night in Brookings, South Dakota.
Thursday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from Frost Arena and will be available on ESPN3 and through the WatchESPN app on mobile devices. ORU's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at South Dakota State
Opponent Game Notes: at South Dakota State
Summit League Notes: Week 10
Live Stats: at South Dakota State
TV / Live Video: ESPN3 / WatchESPN
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
• ORU trails 10-9 in the all-time series with South Dakota State. The two teams split the regular season series last year with each team winning at home.
• The Golden Eagles are 3-0 to start conference play for the first time since the 2012-13 season, which was also the last time ORU opened league play at home. Thursday will be ORU's first road game in Summit League play.
• Senior Albert Owens was one of 30 selected as a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. ORU WBB player Faith Ihim was also selected as a candidate, making ORU and Duke the only two schools with a nominee for both the men's and women's award.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
• According to the 2018 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings, ORU played the seventh toughest non-conference schedule in the country. In addition to three teams ranked in the top 15 of the mid-major poll, ORU closed the first semester nonconference schedule with two teams receiving votes in the AP poll.
• After passing the 1,000 point mark for his career, Albert Owens is now trying to become the next member of the 1,000-point, 500-rebound club. Owens currently has 1,172 career points and 483 career rebounds. 15 other players have reached both benchmarks during their ORU careers. Korey Billbury (2012-15) was the most recent to do so.
• Entering the 2017-18 season, senior center Albert Owens was picked as a preseason first team All-Summit League selection while sophomore forward Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned preseason second team honors. Additionally, Blue Ribbon Sports tabbed sophomore guard Sam Kearns as The Summit League's Preseason Newcomer of the Year.
• It is a new look for ORU this season. In addition to new Head Coach Paul Mills, who will bring a new look on both offense and defense, ORU has nine newcomers, including a trio of redshirts from last year. ORU also has a new logo and home court design that were both released just before the start of the season.
• In the 98th game of his career, Albert Owens reached the 1,000 point mark, tying him with Luke Spencer-Gardner as the 28th fastest to reach the mark. Owens was the 34th player in ORU history to reach the 1,000 point mark.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).