Oral Roberts (10-18, 4-7) vs. South Dakota (22-6, 9-2)
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: None / ORU Sports Network (FREE)
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team will finish off its home schedule Wednesday night as the Golden Eagles host South Dakota on Senior Night. Seniors Albert Owens and Austin Ruder will be honored prior to the game, along with senior manager Jonathan VanKeulen.
Wednesday's game will tip off at 7 p.m. from the Mabee Center and will be broadcast for free through the ORU Sports Network. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: vs. South Dakota
Opponent Game Notes: vs. South Dakota
Summit League Notes: Week 15
Live Stats: vs. South Dakota
TV / Live Video: None / ORU Sports Network (FREE)
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• ORU is 6-5 all-time against the Coyotes, but 4-5 as Summit League opponents with two of ORU's wins coming in 1970 and 1973.
• South Dakota is the league's top defensive team, giving up just 67.1 points per game this season and also lead in field goal percentage, knocking down 48 percent of their shots.
• The Coyotes are led by Matt Mooney, who scores 17.2 points per game, and Trey Burch-Manning, who averages 6.9 rebounds per game.
• Prior to Wednesday's game, which is the final home game of the year for the Golden Eagles, ORU will honor its two seniors, Albert Owens and Austin Ruder, along with senior manager Jonathan VanKeulen.
• ORU is getting more than 68 percent of its scoring (1,383 of 2,029 points) from its underclassmen this season, including 53 percent (1,084 points) from the sophomore class.
• The Golden Eagles are seventh in the nation in offensive rebounds with 14.04 offensive boards per game. ORU is eighth nationally in total rebounds with 1,074, just behind South Dakota State's 1,082.
• Sam Kearns has hit a 3-pointer in 27 consecutive games. He failed to make a triple in the first game of the season, but has connected from long range in every game since then. In just one season, he already leads the team in career games with a made 3-pointer.
• Against NDSU, Emmanuel Nzekwesi hit a contested layup with 28 seconds left in regulation to tie the game and send it to overtime where Austin Ruder beat the buzzer to give ORU the overtime win and the top spot on SportsCenter.
• It took until his 39th career game for Jontray Harris to record his first double-double, and the junior then did it in back-to-back games. Along with a career high in assists (5 vs. ETBU) and a career high in scoring (21 vs. NCC), Harris grabbed a career high 12 rebounds in both games last week, averaging 15.5 ppg and 12 rpg for the week.
• Kellen Manek's nine made free throws against NCC tied him with Emmanuel Nzkewesi for the most made free throws in a game this season. Nzekwesi was 9-10 at North Dakota State (1/3/18).
• Albert Owens blocked a pair of shots against Fort Wayne for his 150th career block, moving him to third in ORU history.
• ORU became one of just nine teams this year to have three players record a double-double in the same game as Albert Owens (22/ 13), Emmanuel Nzekwesi (12/11) and Jontray Harris (10/12) did so against East Texas Baptist. It is the first time on record that ORU has had three double-doubles in the same game.
• Sophomore Emmanuel Nzekwesi earned his first career Summit League Player of the Week honor on December 18 and followed it up two weeks later with his second Player of the Week award. This year, Nzekwesi was also named to the All-Tournament team for the Malibu Subregional of the 2017 Legends Classic.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).