Oral Roberts (8-13, 4-2) at Denver (6-14, 1-5)
Date/Time: Sunday, January 20, 2019 / 4 p.m. (MT) / 5 p.m. (CT)
TV/Video: Altitude2 / DenverPioneers.com
Radio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Location: Tulsa, Okla. / Mabee Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's basketball team is in the midst of a stretch of playing five of six games being at home, but the lone road game comes Sunday as the Golden Eagles travel to Denver.
Sunday's game will tip off at 4 p.m. (MT) / 5 p.m. (CT) from Magness Arena and will be televised on Altitude 2. The game will also be streamed for a small fee at DenverPioneers.com. Adam Hildebrandt's radio call of the game can be heard on The Franchise at 107.9 FM and 1270 AM, and online at TheFranchiseOk.com.
ORU Game Notes: at Denver
Opponent Game Notes: at Denver
Summit League Notes: Week 11
Live Stats: at Denver
TV / Live Video: Altitude2 / DenverPioneers.com
Free Audio: The Franchise 107.9 FM / 1270 AM
Scouting the Opponent
• Denver is led by Ronnie Harrell, Jr., who is scoring 13.6 points per game this season, followed by Joe Rosga who is dropping 12.8 points per contest. Donoven Carlisle is the leading rebounder for the Pioneers at 5.8 boards per game, but Denver has three players averaging 5+ rebounds per game.
• Denver got its first Summit League win of the year last time out, beating North Dakota State 80-65.
• ORU is 4-8 all-time against Denver and 0-5 on the road. Of the previous 10 meetings, nine have been decided by 10 points or fewer. Last season, all three games were decided by a total of 12 points.
• Last time out for the Golden Eagles, it was the freshmen who stole the show in a 77-74 win over South Dakota. Kevin Obanor (31 points) and DeShang Weaver (24 points) each set career highs and became the highest scoring freshman duo in ORU history. Adding in 14 points Carlos Jürgens and three from Lācis and the freshman class scored 72 of the team's 77 points.
• ORU is fifth in the nation in total rebounds with 768, 49th in the nation in total 3-pointers made (164) and 51st in the nation in total assists with 279.
• Nzekwesi is 18th in the nation in total field goals made (134), 20th in total rebounds (176) and 26th in double-doubles with seven.
• DeShang Weaver is 20th in 3-point percentage (45%) and 34th in total made 3-pointers, ranking second in The Summit League in both categories.
• ORU has held teams to 36 points or fewer in the first half in seven of the last 10 games and a total of 12 times this season. 20 is the lowest total given up in the first half, doing so in an eventual overtime win over James Madison.
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).