TULSA, Okla. – Graduate transfer Deondre Burns will play his final year of college basketball for Oral Roberts University, it was announced by ORU Head Coach Paul Mills on Wednesday.
Deondre Burns // 6-2 // 185 // Yazoo City, Miss. // Newman Smith HS // Little Rock
- Played in 75 games with 19 starts for the Little Rock Trojans in three years
- Averaged 10.0 points and 2.8 rebounds last season, shooting 41 percent from the field.
- Shot 45 percent from the field and 41 percent from 3-point range as a sophomore.
- Scored a career high 29 points against Howard on November 23, 2018, going 9-10 from the field and 4-5 from 3-point range.
- Had 12 double figure scoring efforts as a junior and has 20 career games with at least 10 points.
- Averaged 24.6 points as a senior at Newman Smith HS to earn All-Region and All-District and District MVP honors in Texas 5A.
- Son of Deon Burns, who played basketball at Jackson State, and Belinda Smith
Coach Mills on Burns
"Deondre is an experienced guard who will help immensely in providing leadership and playmaking abilities to our backcourt. He was one of the top shooters in the country during his sophomore season at UALR. This past season he transitioned to a point guard and is phenomenal in ball screen decision making. He will be one of the more athletic players we have had and has great size and speed for a guard. I am excited that Dre will be part of our 2019-20 season."
For the latest information on ORU men's basketball, follow @ORUMBB on Twitter or Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the ORU Athletics Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or the ORU Golden Eagles Live App in iTunes or the Google Play Store. For tickets, visit mabeecenter.com or call 495-7ORU (7678).
--- #GoldenStandard ---