Event: Jim West Intercollegiate / Hosted by Texas State
Location: Wolfdancer Golf Club / Austin, Texas
Full Results: Jim West – Day 1
AUSTIN, Texas – The Oral Roberts men's golf team shot its second best round of the season and sits in sixth place of a highly-competitive Jim West Intercollegiate after finishing the first two rounds at 579 (293-286), five shots back of Rice who leads the tournament at 574 (289-285).
News and Notes
- ORU stretched its streak to 10 straight rounds under 300.
- Monday was ORU's second time this season breaking 290, having shot 284 in the final round of the Bob Sitton Invitational at TPC Four Seasons.
- Cody Burrows had a tremendous first day, shooting 140 (70-70) to finish the day four under par and in a tie for fourth overall.
- Although Burrows was the top finisher on the day, it was Hunter Laughlin who posted the best individual round, carding a second round 69, his best round of the year by two strokes.
- With Laughlin (-3) and Burrows (-1) each finishing the second round under par, ORU had two players in the red in the same round for the first time this season.
1 – Rice – 289-285—574
2 – Southeastern Louisiana – 288-287—575
3 – New Mexico State – 290-286—576
4 – UT Arlington – 289-288—577
5 – Louisiana-Lafayette – 295-283—578
6 – Oral Roberts – 293-286—579
7 – Stephen F. Austin – 290-290—580
8 – Texas State – 298-287—585
9 – Sam Houston State – 297-297—594
10-St. Edward's – 303-295—598
11 – UTRGF – 304-295—599
12 – Incarnate Word – 309-301—610
The final round will begin with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. The Golden Eagles will be paired with Louisiana-Lafayette and UT Arlington starting on holes 4-7. Live scoring may be found here: https://www.birdiefire.com/tournament/33435/
For the latest information on ORU men's golf, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.