TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts men's soccer team will face off against the Bradley Braves Sunday, August 26 at 1 p.m. in Peoria, Illinois.
- The Golden Eagles opened the 2018 season with a 1-0 overtime win at Drake Friday evening.
- Tarik Nicholls scored his third goal of his career and first of the season to lift the Golden Eagles past the Bulldogs and give ORU a 1-0 record to start the year.
- Freshman Miles Motakef started the match at Drake in goal for ORU and played all 100 minutes and made five saves. Motakef earned his first victory as a collegiate goalkeeper.
- Last season, ORU finished the year 4-11-1 and was 1-4 in The Summit League for a fifth place finish.
- ORU returns Summit League Second Team All-League member Junior Chavez. Chavez recorded two goals for the Golden Eagles last season and made one assist.
- Also returning from last year's team is All-Newcomer selection Dante Brigida. Brigida recorded four goals last season for eight points. He had a 43.8 percent shots-on-goal percentage with two game winning goals against Incarnate Word and SIUE.
- Head Coach Ryan Bush is back for his sixth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. After five seasons, Bush has a 32-44-13 record at ORU as the men's soccer coach.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 11 players and add 19 newcomers to the 2018 squad.
- Bradley opened the 2018 season with a 1-1 draw at home against Gonzaga Friday, August 24.
- The Braves were picked to finish fourth in the Missouri Valley Conference preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU men's soccer, follow @ORUMSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.