Score: Oral Roberts 67 – USAO 35
Records: Oral Roberts (3-3); USAO (2-5)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team rolled USAO 67-35 Tuesday afternoon inside the Mabee Center in TTCU's Best Field Trip Ever.
The Golden Eagles scored early and often in the first quarter. Jordan Gilbert led the way for ORU by scoring seven points and securing four rebounds. Combined the team shot 40 percent from the field in the first quarter. The defense held USAO to a 17.6 shooting percentage.
Kaylan Mayberry took over in the second quarter. She scored nine points and opened the quarter with a three-point bucket. ORU out-scored USAO 18-10 in the second. Going in to halftime ORU led 36-18. The team shot 35 percent from the field in the first half and had out-rebounded USAO by 11.
In the third period, the Golden Eagles scored 14 points and held USAO to just seven. Six of the 14 points came from inside the paint. Rachel Skalnik scored her first three-point bucket of the season just under five minutes remaining in the quarter.
Faith Ihim secured her second double-double of the season in the fourth quarter when she went 3-3 from the field and scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds. She finished the day with 12 points and 11 boards. ORU scored 17 points in the fourth and finished the game with a 38.9 shooting percentage. The Golden Eagles scored 32 points in the paint. All four freshmen who played in today's game scored points and combined scored 22 of the team's 67 points. ORU's largest lead of the day was by 34 points.
The Golden Eagles held USAO to seven points in the third quarter. The Golden Eagles defense had six steals and three blocks on the day.
USAO: Katy Boyles scored eight points for the Drovers and Taylor Alexander grabbed six rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 38.9 percent overall in today's game.
- ORU out-rebounded USAO 61-36 in today's contest.
- ORU turned the ball over just 12 times, but forced USAO to turn the ball over 14 times.
- Kaylan Mayberry had 18 points on the day along with six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Faith Ihim scored 12 points and 11 rebounds for her second double-double on the season.
- Freshman Montserrat Brotons went 4-4 on the day and score nine points. She gathered five rebounds and had one block.
- Freshmen Hillary Hurst scored two three-point buckets giving her six points on the day.
- Jordan Gilbert scored nine points along with nine rebounds in today's game.
- Freshman Rachel Skalnik scored her first three-point bucket of the season in the third quarter and ended the day with four points.
- Freshman Alexa Scott grabbed her first field goal of the season in today's game and finished with three points and six rebounds.
The Golden Eagles will head east to play at Little Rock on Thursday, December 1 at 6:30 p.m. inside the Jack Stephens Center in Little Rock, Ark. The Trojans currently hold a 3-4 record for the season.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.