Score: Oral Roberts 88 – Panhandle State 53
Records: Oral Roberts (1-2) (0-0); OPSU (5-0) (0-0) - It was an exhibition contest for Panhandle State.
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team captured its ninth all-time largest win in program history Friday evening by defeating Oklahoma Panhandle State University 88-35 in the Mabee Center.
The last time ORU defeated a team by 53 points was February 26, 1983, when the Golden Eagles won 106-53 over Missouri State.
After trailing 7-2 the Golden Eagles went on a 23-2 run that began at the 6:45 mark. Making her first appearance since the 2015-16 season, Jordan Doyle entered the game for the Golden Eagles with 3:54 left in the first quarter. ORU ended the first 10 minutes of play up 25-9. The Golden Eagles shot 43.5 percent in the first quarter.
ORU continued the run when Maya Mayberry scored a three-point bucket for the first points of the quarter. The Golden Eagle defense held the Aggies to seven points in the second quarter. Maria Martianez led the way with nine points in the first half. ORU led 45-16 at the break and shot 44.7 percent in the first half.
ORU held its shooting percentage above 40 percent in the third quarter and kept it that way through the remainder of the game. Keni Jo Lippe and Maria Martianez led the way with six points each in the third.
Jordan Gilbert surpassed her previous career assists record when she captured her seventh assist of the game early in the fourth quarter. ORU finished the night 34-74 from the field and 5-23 from the three-point line. The Golden Eagles also shot 15-19 from the three-point line. The last time ORU won a game by 30 or more points was last season against Mid America Christian, 98-63.
Oral Roberts: Maria Martianez led the team with 17 points and nine rebounds.
OPSU: Addison Munsch scored 12 points, while Madison Dearmin had seven rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 45.9 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU out-rebounded OPSU 43-31.
- The Golden Eagles had a 21.7 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over nine times, but forced the Aggies to turn the ball over 34 times.
- ORU shot 78.9 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 12 points and recorded three rebounds in the game. Ihim is now 11 points shy of 1,000 career points.
- Maria Martianez had 17 points and nine rebounds in the game along with four assists and three steals.
- Rachel Skalnik scored six points with three rebounds, four assists and one steal.
- Montserrat Brotons totaled five points and grabbed seven rebounds.
- Keni Jo Lippe scored 14 points and recorded two rebounds along with one assist and two steals.
- Maya Mayberry set a career high 15 points. Mayberry also had two rebounds and one assist.
- Regan Schumacher recorded five points and two rebounds with one assist.
- Jordan Doyle played her first minutes since the 2015-16 season and recorded one rebound, one assist and two steals.
- ORU had 42 points in the paint and 31 bench points in tonight's game.
- The Golden Eagles capitalized with 46 points off of turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will host the Arkansas Razorbacks Monday, November 20 at 7 p.m. inside the Mabee Center. It will be Native American Heritage Night and the Golden Eagles will feature the 2017 Nike N7 uniforms.
The game will be televised on CSTV and KGEB, check your local listings for channel information. The game will be streamed online on ESPN3 fans can also tune in to listen to the game on the ORU Radio Network.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.