TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team will travel to face crosstown rival Tulsa in the annual Mayor's Cup game Wednesday, November 29 at 7 p.m. inside the Reynolds Center.
The game will be streamed online via Hurricane Vision. Fans may also view the live stats, see link below, or follow the Golden Eagles on Twitter, @ORUWBB.
- ORU will face Tulsa for its sixth game of the 2017-18 season. The Golden Eagles are 32-8 all-time against the Golden Hurricane. If ORU wins, it would be the fourth consecutive victory for the Golden Eagles over Tulsa.
- It would be the 43rd overall win against American Athletic Conference opponents.
- In their last meeting, ORU defeated Tulsa 76-68 at the Mabee Center on November 17, 2016.
- Junior forward, Maria Martianez scored 14 points and 11 rebounds in the team's last game against Houston Baptist. Martianez recorded her first double-double of the season.
- Senior Faith Ihim scored her 1,000th career point against Arkansas and became the 20th player to score at least 1,000 points during her career. She also has more than 500 rebounds, which makes her the 10th player in ORU women's basketball history to have more than 1,000 points and at least 500 rebounds.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Faith Ihim and Maria Martianez were named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team.
- Last game, Maya Mayberry scored a career high 17 points in 28 minutes of play going 6-for-9 from the field.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her sixth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 76-83 overall head coaching record.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.