Score: Oral Roberts 73 – Chicago State 43
Records: Oral Roberts (8-4) (0-0); CSU (0-12) (0-0)
Location: Charles Koch Arena – Wichita, Kansas
WICHITA, Kan. – Faith Ihim recorded her 15th career double-double as the Oral Roberts women's basketball team defeated Chicago State, 73-43, Saturday evening in the Shocker Winter Classic in Wichita, Kansas, inside Charles Koch Arena.
Chicago State jumped out early points with a quick five point lead. Faith Ihim got the Golden Eagle offense going by scoring the first points of the game. ORU went on a 19-0 run and kept Chicago State scoreless for seven minutes. The Golden Eagles shot 71 percent in the first 10 minutes of play and held Chicago State to a 23 percent shooting average. ORU ended the first quarter ahead of the Cougars 23-8. Ihim led the way with eight points and three rebounds.
ORU extended its run to 21-0 before Chicago State broke the run and shortened its deficit to 13. The Golden Eagles held the Cougars to just six points in the second quarter. ORU shot 60 percent in the first half and went in to halftime with a 35-14 lead. Ihim continued to lead the way and had 14 first half points and was two rebounds shy of a first half double-double.
The Golden Eagles went on a 9-0 run in the third quarter and extended its lead to 25 points. Keni Jo Lippe hit a big 3-pointer that took the lead from 20 to 23 points. Katie Kirkhart closed out the third with a layup for her first career points as a Golden Eagle. The Golden Eagles led 55-30 at the end of the third and continued to shoot above 50 percent.
Faith Ihim recorded her 15th career double-double and third of the season in the fourth quarter. Ihim scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds during the contest. ORU once again shot better than 50 percent as each Golden Eagle scored in the game. The Golden Eagles finished the night with a 56.1 percent overall shooting average.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim scored 20 points and recorded 10 rebounds.
Chicago State: Phylicia Johnson scored 17 points for the Cougars, while Ines Mata Boix grabbed seven rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 56.1 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU out-rebounded Chicago State 39-25.
- The Golden Eagles had a 25.0 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 16 times, but forced the Cougars to turn the ball over 18 times.
- ORU shot 75 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds along with two steals.
- Maria Martianez had eight points and five rebounds. She also had two assists and three blocks.
- Maya Mayberry scored nine points and two rebounds along with two assists and one steal.
- Jordan Gilbert tallied four points and three rebounds. Gilbert also had three assists, one block and one steal.
- Sarah Garvie scored five points and grabbed three rebounds in tonight's contest. Garvie also had one steal.
- Rachel Skalnik totaled two points and gathered five rebounds in the game. Skalnik also had two assists and one steal.
- Montserrat Brotons scored two points and grabbed two rebounds in the game.
- ORU had 48 points in the paint and 27 bench points in tonight's game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 22 points off turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will travel to Salt Lake City, Utah, to take on the Utah Utes from the Pac-12 Conference on Thursday, December 21, at 2 p.m. CST inside the Jon M. Hunstman Center.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.