Score: Oral Roberts 90 – Denver 60
Records: Oral Roberts (12-8) (4-3); Denver (11-9) (3-3)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Oklahoma
TULSA, Okla. – Faith Ihim scores 22 points in the Oral Roberts women's basketball teams, 90-60, win over the Denver Pioneers Saturday afternoon at the Mabee Center.
Maya Mayberry opened the game for the Golden Eagles with a three-point bucket in the opening possession. ORU went on a quick 7-0 burst in the opening quarter to take a nine point lead. Denver cut ORU's lead to five as the Golden Eagles led at the end of the first quarter, 27-22. Freshmen Keni Jo Lippe and Maya Mayberry led the Golden Eagles in the first with eight points each. As a whole, ORU shot 64.3 percent from the field.
ORU went on a 16-2 run in the second quarter and only allowed Denver five points. The Golden Eagles led the Pioneers 43-27 at the break. Maria Martianez and Maya Mayberry each had 10 points in the first half. ORU shot 52 percent in the first half and held Denver to 30 percent. ORU also shot 60 percent from the three-point line and 92 percent from the free-throw line in the first half.
The Golden Eagles led 66-41 after the third quarter of play. ORU out-scored Denver 23-14 in the third and shot 47 percent overall. Jordan Gilbert and Maria Martianez each had seven points in the third.
The Golden Eagles kept their lead in the fourth by shooting 64 percent overall from the field. Faith Ihim scored 10 of her 22 points in the final period. ORU out-scored Denver 24-19 in the final 10 minutes. Ihim finished the game 9-for-11 overall. The Golden Eagles defense forced 23 Denver turnovers.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 53.6 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU was out-rebounded by Denver 40-30.
- The Golden Eagles had a 63.6 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 14 times, but forced the Pioneers to turn the ball over 23 times.
- ORU shot 88.5 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 22 points and grabbed five rebounds along with one assist.
- Maria Martianez had 17 points and seven rebounds. She also had one assist.
- Maya Mayberry recorded 13 points. She also had four rebounds, two assists, one block and one steal.
- Jordan Gilbert tallied 11 points and one rebound. Gilbert also had one assist.
- Rachel Skalnik scored six points and made one steal.
- Montserrat Brotons scored five points and grabbed two rebounds along with one assist and two steals.
- Keni Jo Lippe scored eight points and recorded three rebounds with two assists and one steal.
- Katie Kirkhart had a career day with six points.
- Regan Schumacher scored two points and grabbed one rebounds along with one assist, one block and one steal.
- ORU had 38 points in the paint and 19 bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 32 points off turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will host Central Christian College in the Best Field Trip Ever game Tuesday, January 23 at 12 p.m. at the Mabee Center.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.