Score: Oral Roberts 64 – North Dakota State 57
Records: Oral Roberts (15-9) (6-4); North Dakota State (8-16) (1-9)
Location: Scheels Center – Fargo, North Dakota
FARGO, N.D. – Faith Ihim secured her fifth double-double of the season as the Oral Roberts women's basketball team defeated North Dakota State, 64-57, Thursday evening in Fargo, North Dakota.
North Dakota State stormed out of the gate and went on a 12-0 run to start the game. The Golden Eagles then went on a run 9-1 to close the first quarter gap. After falling behind in the first half, ORU went in to halftime with a 33-32 deficit after Maria Martianez hit a three-point bucket to make it a one point game at the break. The Golden Eagles shot 41 percent in the first half, while the Bison shot 54 percent. Faith Ihim had eight first half points. ORU out-scored North Dakota State 21-15 in the second quarter.
Martianez gave the Golden Eagles their first lead of the game scoring the first bucket in the second half. ORU's defense held the Bison to seven third quarter points to keep its lead. Faith Ihim secured her fifth double-double of the season and 17th for her career. ORU went on an 8-0 run in the fourth to take its largest lead of the game at 13 points.
In the second half, ORU out-scored North Dakota State 32-24.The Golden Eagles shot 37.9 percent overall from the field and 29.4 percent from the three-point line in the game. Faith Ihim led ORU with 17 points and 14 rebounds. As a whole, ORU committed a season-low six turnovers against North Dakota State and forced the Bison to make 18.
The Golden Eagles took their largest lead in the fourth quarter, taking a 13 point advantage with less than five minutes in the game.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim scored 17 points and grabbed 14 rebounds for her fifth double-double of the season 17th for her career.
North Dakota State: Sarah Jacobson, Rylee Nudell and Tyrah Spencer each scored 10 points in tonight's game. Reilly Jacobson grabbed 14 rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 37.9 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU was out-rebounded by North Dakota State, 40-31.
- The Golden Eagles had a 29.4 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over six times, but forced the Bison to turn the ball over 18 times.
- ORU shot 78.9 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 17 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and made four steals.
- Maria Martianez had 11 points and five rebounds. She also had two assists, one block and one block.
- Maya Mayberry recorded 13 points along with three rebounds, three assists and one steal.
- Keni Jo Lippe recored nine points with three rebounds and one steal.
- Rachel Skalnik scored eight points and one rebound with two assists and two steals.
- Katie Kirkhart made her first career start in tonight's game and scored six points. Kirkhart also had one rebound, one assist, one block and one steal.
- ORU had 28 points in the paint and eight bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 10 points off turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will continue the weekend's competition in Brookings, South Dakota, against South Dakota State Saturday, February 10 at 2 p.m. inside Frost Arena.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.