Score: Oral Roberts 54 – Denver 70
Records: Oral Roberts (15-11) (6-6); Denver (15-12) (6-6)
Location: Hamilton Gym – Denver, Colorado
DENVER – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team fell to the Denver Pioneers, 70-54, Thursday evening at Hamilton Gym in Denver, Colorado.
The Pioneers led by as much as 22 points in the game as Denver shot 39 percent overall (23-for-59) from the field. The Golden Eagles did have a nine point advantage early in the second quarter that was then erased by Denver. The Pioneers out-scored the Golden Eagles 20-12 in the second quarter and took a 31-27 lead in to halftime.
Maya Mayberry led the Golden Eagles with 19 points while Montserrat Brotons and Faith Ihim led the team with eight rebounds each. Ihim also added 12 points on the night. Mayberry went 6-for-15 from the field and 3-for-5 from the three-point line. As a whole, the team had a season high six steals in the game.
Lauren Loven went 7-for-15 for Denver scoring 22 points. Denver shot 40 percent from long range and 70 percent from the charity stripe. The Pioneers contributed collectively scoring 38 bench points in the game.
Denver erased a nine point deficit in the second quarter and then added to their lead in the third quarter to take a 22 point lead, its largest lead of the game.
Oral Roberts: Maya Mayberry led the team with 19 points while Montserrat Brotons and Faith Ihim recorded eight rebounds each.
Denver: Lauren Loven scored 22 points in the game. Jordyn Alt and Madison Nelson each grabbed nine rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 28.6 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU was out-rebounded by Denver, 46-40.
- The Golden Eagles had a 38.9 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 16 times, but forced the Pioneers to turn the ball over 12 times.
- ORU shot 68.8 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 12 points with eight rebounds and one assist.
- Maya Mayberry recorded 19 points with five rebounds and three assists.
- Montserrat Brotons scored four points and grabbed eight rebounds along with two blocks and two steals.
- ORU had 16 points in the paint and 12 bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 12 points off turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will play their final regular season road game against the South Dakota Coyotes Saturday, February 17 at 1 p.m. in the Sanford Coyote Sport Center in Vermillion, South Dakota.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.