Score: Oral Roberts 62 – UT Arlington 80
Records: ORU (5-5) (0-0); UTA (5-2) (0-0)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Keni Jo Lippe earned her third 20 point game of the season as the Oral Roberts women's basketball team fell to UT Arlington, 80-62, Thursday evening at the Mabee Center.
The Golden Eagles and Mavericks started the game neck and neck matching each other bucket for bucket. UT Arlington was led by Cierra Johnson who had an 11 point opening period as the Mavericks led 24-19 at the end of the first 10 minutes. Both teams did not shoot well in the second quarter and combined for 27 points between the two teams. UTA took a 38-32 lead in to halftime. Keni Jo Lippe scored 15 of her 20 total points in the first half of play and went 3-for-3 from beyond the arc in the first 20 minutes.
Hot shooting in the second half gave UTA the advantage in the third, out-scoring ORU 22-9. The Golden Eagles had their lowest shooting percentage of the season with 15.4 percent in the third period. ORU came back in the fourth quarter shooting 47 percent from the field with Lakota Beatty scoring 10 points in the final period. Beatty had another double-digit evening recording 16 points shooting 5-for-11 from long range and 5-for-17 overall.
ORU shot 35 percent overall in the game and was led by Lippe who went 4-for-5 from three-point range and 4-for-7 overall. She also contributed from the free throw line going 8-for-8. Montserrat Brotons was the team's leading rebounder with six boards, two of those being offensive.
Cierra Johnson led the way for UTA shooting 9-for-11 from the field for 24 points in 17 minutes of play. Johnson shot a perfect 3-for-3 from three-point range. Owasso, Oklahoma, native Terryn Milton shot 8-for-11 overall for 17 points.
Oral Roberts: Keni Jo Lipped led the team with 20 points. Montserrat Brotons had six rebounds.
UT Arlington: Cierra Johnson scored 24 points. Katie Ferrell recorded eight boards.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 34.5 percent overall in tonight's game.
- UTA out-rebounded ORU 41-28. The Golden Eagles had eight offensive boards.
- The Golden Eagles had a 46.2 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 17 times, but forced the Mavericks to turn the ball over 16 times.
- ORU shot 75 percent from the free-throw line.
- Rylie Torrey scored eight points with three assists, one block and one steal.
- Keni Jo Lippe contributed with 20 points and two rebounds. Lippe also had three steals.
- Lakota Beatty went 5-for-11 from long-range and scored 16 points with three rebounds and three assists.
- ORU had eight bench points in tonight's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with 14 points off of turnovers and 14 points in the paint.
ORU hits the road for the next four games beginning with a Friday, December 14 game at Sam Houston State in Huntsville, Texas. Tipoff is set for 6:30 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.