Oral Roberts (7-6, 0-0) at Omaha (5-8, 0-1)
Date/Time: Sunday, December 30, 2018 / 2 p.m.
Live Stats: at Omaha
Location: Omaha, Nebraska (Baxter Arena)
Omaha, Neb. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team will begin Summit League competition Sunday, December 30 at 2 p.m. against the Omaha Mavericks inside Baxter Arena in Omaha, Nebraska.
About the Opponent
- Omaha is currently 5-8 on the season and 0-1 in Summit League play. Last season, the Mavericks finished sixth in the final league standings.
- The Mavericks lost their league opener, 95-68, at home against Denver on December 28.
- Omaha returned one starter from last season and added seven newcomers.
- ORU will face Omaha for the ninth all-time meeting between the two programs.
- The Golden Eagles hold a 6-2 all-time record against the Mavericks.
- In their last meeting, the Golden Eagles defeated Omaha, 72-56, on February 21, 2018, at the Mabee Center.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would give the women's team their third consecutive win over Omaha and third consecutive Summit League opener win.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team. Mayberry currently averages 12.2 points per game.
- Lakota Beatty averages 15.5 points per game which puts her at second in the Summit League and is eighth in the nation in three-point field goals made.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.0 points per game and is currently second in the Summit League in free throws made and is ninth in the nation.
- As a whole, ORU is tied for seventh in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 98-99 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.