Oral Roberts (12-10, 5-4) vs. South Dakota State (16-6, 8-1)
Date/Time: Saturday, February 2, 2019 / 2 p.m.
TV/Video/Audio: ORU Sports Network
Live Stats: vs. South Dakota State
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma (Mabee Center)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team will battle the Summit League leading South Dakota State Jackrabbits Saturday, February 2 at 2 p.m. inside the Mabee Center.
ORU Athletics will induct All-American Kevi Luper in to the ORU Hall of Fame and will retire her No. 15 jersey during halftime of the women's game.
Hall of Fame festivities will continue during the men's game later that evening at 7 p.m. against Purdue Fort Wayne.
About the Opponent
- South Dakota State is currently 16-6 on the season and 8-1 in Summit League play. Last season, the Jackrabbits finished second in the league, but won the conference tournament to advance to the NCAA Tournament. The Golden Eagles fell to the Jackrabbits in the first meeting of the season on January 12 in Brookings, South Dakota, 68-55.
- The Jackrabbits are coming off a road win at Denver, 83-67, on January 31.
- SDSU returned three starters from last season and added four newcomers.
- Senior Macy Miller was picked to be the preseason Summit League Player of the Year.
- ORU will face South Dakota State for the 21st meeting between the two programs and the second time this season.
- The Golden Eagles won their most recent Summit League game, 101-72, at home against North Dakota State on January 26.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team. Mayberry currently averages 14.0 points per game.
- Lakota Beatty averages 14.8 points per game. Beatty is eighth in in the Summit League in points per game and seventh in the nation in three-point field goals made.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.4 points per game and is currently second in the Summit League in overall free throws made and is 23rd in the nation. Lippe earned her first career player of the week honor for her efforts in week 12.
- As a whole, ORU is third in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 103-103 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.