Oral Roberts (13-11, 6-5) at South Dakota (21-3, 9-1)
Date/Time: Saturday, February 9, 2019 / 1 p.m.
TV/Video/Audio: Go Yotes Live
Live Stats: at South Dakota
Location: Vermillion, South Dakota (Sanford Coyote Sports Center)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team begins a four game road stretch Saturday, February 9 at 1 p.m. in Vermillion, South Dakota, against current Summit League leader South Dakota.
About the Opponent
- South Dakota is currently 21-3 on the season and 9-1 in Summit League play. Last season, the Coyotes finished first, but fell in the Summit League Championship game to South Dakota State. The Golden Eagles fell to the Coyotes in the first meeting of the season on January 18 at the Mabee Center, 76-72.
- The Coyotes are coming off a home win against Omaha, 78-33, on February 6.
- South Dakota returned three starters from last season and added four newcomers.
- ORU will face South Dakota for the 14th meeting between the two programs and the second time this season.
- The Golden Eagles won their most recent Summit League game, 74-66, at home against Denver on February 6.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would be the first win at South Dakota since the 2011-12 season and snap an eight game losing skid to the Coyotes.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team. Mayberry currently averages 14.1 points per game.
- Lakota Beatty averages 14.9 points per game. Beatty is seventh in in the Summit League in points per game and fifth in the nation in three-point field goals made.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.2 points per game and is currently second in the Summit League in overall free throws made and is 24th in the nation. Lippe earned her first career player of the week honor for her efforts in week 12.
- As a whole, ORU is third in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 104-104 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.