TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team will host the U20 Mexico National Team in an exhibition match Saturday, August 12 at the Case Soccer Complex. First touch is set for 7 p.m. and there will be a $5 cash only admission fee at the gate. ORU students will get in to the game for free with a valid ORU student ID.
The match will be streamed free through the ORU Sports Network, and will also be streamed free through Facebook Live on the ORU Athletics page.
- Last season, ORU finished the year 11-9-2 and was 5-3 in The Summit League.
- The Golden Eagles were picked to finish fourth in The Summit League preseason coaches' poll, but received the most first place votes of any team.
- ORU returns Summit League Offensive Player of the Year Lexi Jones, who led the team with 11 goals last season. Jones was also named to the Summit League All-League First Team for her efforts during the season.
- Also returning from last year's team is All-Freshmen selections Nelly Mamabolo and Brooklyn Eardley. Mamabolo started in 18 games last season. Eardley also started in 18 games last season and recorded two assists.
- Head Coach Roger Bush is back for his fifth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. Bush was named Summit League Coach of the Year during the 2016 campaign. After four seasons, Bush has a 40-31-8 record at ORU.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 22 players and add 16 newcomers to the 2017 squad.
- The U20 Mexico National Team played at the University of Tulsa on Thursday, August 10 and defeated the Golden Hurricane 3-1.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.