Score: Tulsa 3 – Oral Roberts 1
Record: Tulsa (4-3-1) – ORU (4-6)
Location: Hurricane Track and Soccer Complex (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team lost 3-1 at cross-town rival Tulsa, Friday night at the Hurricane Track and Soccer Complex.
After falling behind 2-0 early in the second half, the Golden Eagles got a beautiful goal from Jordan Langebartels that snuck in under the crossbar to make it a one-goal game in the 69th minute. Tulsa added the insurance goal eight minutes later.
Inside the Box Score
- Richins recorded a total of eight saves in the game for a career high, playing all 90 minutes in goal.
- ORU was out-shot 22-10 in the match, including 12-5 in the first half of play.
- Tulsa took a 1-0 lead in the 21st minute when a loose ball in the box was cleaned up by Anna Williams after Richins and TU's Valieree Morris collided on Richin's fifth save of the game.
- The Golden Hurricane made it 2-0 in the 53rd minute when Mia Darden slipped behind the ORU back line and finished in the right corner.
- Langebartels took the pass from Pamela Caballeros in the 69th minute and slid it under the crossbar to get ORU on the board to make it a 2-1 game.
- A blast from 25 yards out by Alyssa Kaiser in the 77th minute pushed the Tulsa advantage back to two.
ORU returns to the Case Soccer Complex Sunday, September 16 at 1 p.m. for a matchup against Missouri State.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.