Score: Oral Roberts 2 – Omaha 0
Record: ORU (6-7-0) – Omaha (3-8-1)
Location: Case Soccer Complex (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team defeated the Omaha Mavericks, 2-0, Thursday afternoon in the Summit League opener at the Case Soccer Complex.
After a scoreless first half, McKenzie Edwards put ORU on the board to give the Golden Eagles a 1-0 lead in the 62nd minute with her third goal of the season. Edwards scored on a deep pass from Brooklyn Eardley that was passed to her from Jordan Langebartels for a chip-in shot from six yards out. Eardley and Langebartels were credited with assists.
Jordan Langebartels scored her sixth goal of the season from 12 yards out in the 87th minute off of a deep cross from Shayla Padilla from the right side to give ORU the 2-0 advantage. Padilla was credited with the assist.
Inside the Box Score
- Omaha out-shot ORU 11-7 in the match. The Golden Eagles had five shots on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl started and played all 90 minutes in today's game. Bohnenstiehl recorded three saves and moved her season record to 4-3-0.
- There were 11 fouls total in today's match.
- Combined the team's took seven corner kicks in the game.
- ORU jumps to the top of the Summit League standings after today's win and moves to 1-0 in league play.
ORU will continue Summit League action Sunday, September 30 at 1 p.m. against the North Dakota Fighting Hawks at the Case Soccer Complex. The Fighting Hawks come in with a 6-2-1 overall record.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.