Score: Oral Roberts 1 – South Dakota 3
Record: ORU (6-9-0, 1-2-0) – USD (6-4-2, 1-1-0)
Location: First Bank and Trust Soccer Complex (Vermillion, S.D.)
VERMILLION, S.D. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team dropped Thursday's match to South Dakota, 3-1, in Vermillion, S.D.
The Coyotes jumped out of the gate and took a 1-0 lead in the 12th minute of play. Amanda Carpio received a cross from Taryn LaBree and connected for her fourth goal of the season.
Taryn LaBree gave South Dakota a 2-0 lead in the 14th minute after hitting the ball in the goal on a Coyote corner kick.
In the 24th minute, South Dakota took a 3-0 lead with a successful penalty kick by Alexis Mitchell.
Jordan Langebartels scored her seventh goal of the season and the lone goal of the day for the Golden Eagles when she connected with the back of the net on a penalty kick in the 67th minute.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot South Dakota 11-8 in the match. The Golden Eagles had three shots on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl started and played all 90 minutes in today's game. Bohnenstiehl recorded two saves and moved her season record to 4-5-0.
- There were 26 fouls total in today's match.
- Combined the team's took six corner kicks in the game.
- Jordan Langebartels took three shots with one on goal and scored on goal in the match.
ORU will take on Purdue Fort Wayne Sunday, October 7 at 12 p.m. at home inside the friendly confines of the Case Soccer Complex.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.