Score: Tulsa 3 – Oral Roberts 0 (25-22, 25-21, 25-20)
Records: Tulsa (4-6); Oral Roberts (5-6)
Location: Aerobics Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts University volleyball team was unable to find its groove Friday night as they fell in straight sets, 3-0 to cross-town rival Tulsa at the Aerobics Center in non-conference action.
Tulsa was led by Erica Bohannon who had a match-high 19 kills and a solid .432 hitting percentage on the offensive side of the net.
Oral Roberts: Karyn Chrisman tallied a career-high 10 kills while Laura Milos finished with eight kills and 11 digs.
Tulsa: Erica Bohannon led the match with 19 kills while Rebecca Reeve added 10 kills for Tulsa. Bohannon finished with a .432 hitting percentage while Sophie Bethke added 40 assists.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU finished with 37 kills as a team, its second lowest output of the season.
- Karyn Chrisman led ORU in kills for the first time in her career with a season-high 10 kills and a .500 hitting percentage.
- The first set saw both teams battle back and forth as Tulsa went on a 6-0 run to take an 18-14 lead; however ORU responded with a 5-0 run to pull within 20-19 before TU closed out the set with four straight points to take a 24-19 lead and hold off a late rally from ORU.
- ORU got a much needed a rally in the middle of the second set when a block by Jovana Poljasevic and Nika Mostahinic made it an 11-10 lead for the Golden Eagles. Both teams traded points before TU used a 6-1 run to take a 23-17 lead and eventually the set.
- The 27 assists for Bojanjac was just the second time this season she finished with less than 30 in a match.
- Tulsa has now won eight straight matches from the Golden Eagles in the series. The last win for ORU came Sept. 4, 2008 when the Golden Eagles won 3-2 at home.
- ORU still holds a commanding lead in the all-time series with Tulsa, 59-20 and a 33-7 record at home.
It will be a quick turnaround for the Golden Eagles as they head to the north side for the Golden Hurricane Invitational. ORU will take on North Texas at 1 p.m. before closing out action against Houston Baptist at 5 p.m. inside the Reynolds Center.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.