Score: Oral Roberts 3 - Central Arkansas 1
Records: ORU (3-2) - UCA (2-3)
Location: Farris Center - Conway, Ark.
CONWAY, Ark. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team picked up its third win in-a-row Friday night against Central Arkansas in a 3-1 victory (25-19, 25-14, 22-25, 25-17) at the Farris Center during the UCA Invitational.
It was smooth sailing for the Golden Eagles (3-2) during the first two sets as they recorded attacking percentages over .350 during both sets.
Central Arkansas (2-3) finished the third set on an 11-4 run, thanks in part to six Golden Eagle errors to keep their momentum heading down the stretch. ORU was held to just 12 kills and a .121 hitting percent in the set.
Oral Roberts would set the tone early in the fourth and cruise to the win thanks to timely hitting and solid defense on the defensive backline, holding UCA to just seven kills in the final frame.
Inside the Box Score
- Laura Milos (22) and Katarina Mikulic (12) broke into double digits in the kills column.
- Milos posted her second 20+ kills match of the year. Mikulic set a new career high, scoring 12 kills in the win.
- Lucija Bojanjac kept the offense tempo throughout the match, finishing with 41 assists and six digs.
- Milos finished with her first double-double of the year after recording 13 digs.
- ORU finished with a season high 15 service aces compared to UCA's three.
- UCA used an 11-4 run in the third to force a fourth set. They trailed 18-14 before making the run.
- ORU now leads the all-time series with the Sugar Bears, 6-3.
The Golden Eagles will wrap up the UCA Invitational Saturday when they face Incarnate Word at 10 a.m. and Louisiana-Monroe at 2:30 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.