Score: North Dakota State 3 – Oral Roberts 1
Records: NDSU (3-11, 1-0 SL) – ORU (8-7, 0-1 SL)
Location: Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse / Fargo, N.D.
FARGO, N.D. – Two of the four sets went to extra points and the Oral Roberts volleyball team battled and made a furious rally in the fourth set but could not close the gap as the Golden Eagles fell 3-1 (17-25, 32-30, 24-26, 22-25) to North Dakota State Friday night at Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse.
NDSU had five different players with at least 10 kills but no one with more than 13. Brianna Rasmusson had 54 assists and 18 digs.
Inside the Box Score
- Shelby Cox got within one kill of her career high, posting a 14-kill effort against the Bison Friday night.
- Laura Milos narrowly missed the double-double with a match high 27 kills and nine digs. She had a four set season high 76 attempts in the match.
- ORU falls to 1-4 on the road this season.
- Lucia Bojanjac recorded 52 of the team's 58 assists on the night, her second 50-assist game of the season and the most for a four set match. Bojanjac also led ORU with 12 digs.
- Taylan Nero had six block assists, the second most in her freshman campaign after having a hand in seven blocks against Northwestern State.
- The Golden Eagles proved stronger at the net with a total of 12 blocks while the Bison only had six.
- 15 service errors proved costly for the Golden Eagles in the loss.
- ORU hit just .245 for the match with 62 kills and 22 errors. In the Golden Eagles' win in the second set, they hit .412 with 23 kills and two errors.
- The Golden Eagles had seven aces in the match, giving them 15 in the last two matches alone and 123 on the season.
ORU will remain in the Dakotas as the Golden Eagles travel to Vermillion on Sunday to face the University of South Dakota at 2 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row Appat ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.