Score: Omaha 3 – ORU 2
Records: UNO (4-15, 1-4 SL) – ORU (8-9, 0-3 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – Sophomore Karyn Chrisman and junior Shelby Cox posted career days offensively but the Oral Roberts volleyball team could not get over the hump against Omaha and fell 3-2 in five sets (25-15, 23-25, 14-25, 25-22, 12-15) Sunday afternoon at the Aerobics Center.
Playing without the services of the nation's leading hitter Laura Milos, ORU fell to 8-9 overall with an 0-3 mark in The Summit League, while Omaha improved to 4-15 with a 1-4 league record.
Inside the Box Score
- Chrisman hit .357 with a career high 19 kills and just four errors, taking the majority of the swings (42) for ORU.
- Cox had a career high 16 kills for the match.
- ORU struggled passing the ball and got hit with 11 receiving errors on UNO serves.
- Each team tallied 11 total blocks with Cox and Bria Bergman each tallying solo blocks for ORU. Cox had a hand in five other blocks as well.
- Bria Bergman finished the game at setter and had 16 assists.
- Tori Roe and Katarina Mikulic did the bulk of the work on the back row with 17 and 11 digs, respectively.
- Chloe Dousette led the Mavericks with 19 kills, while Sydney O'Shaughnessy had 44 assists and 10 digs.
ORU will host Western Illinois (Oct. 7) and South Dakota State (Oct. 9) next weekend. The final home match of the current four-match homestand will be Tuesday, October 9, against Denver.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row Appat ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.