Score: ORU 0 – Arkansas 3
Records: ORU (1-6) – UA (6-1)
Location: Barnhill Arena (Fayetteville, Ark.)
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Despite a match-high 19 kills from senior Laura Milos, the Oral Roberts volleyball team dropped a three-set match (20-25, 22-25, 21-25) on the road at Arkansas Tuesday night at Barnhill Arena.
Milos caught fire in the second set for the Golden Eagles tallying 10 kills on just 15 swings to keep the visitors within striking distance. ORU remained close with the Razorbacks all night using relentless defense and strong blocking, but could not break through down the stretch.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos hit at a .304 clip for the match rebounding from three errors in the opening set to record 15 kills with only two errors the final two sets. The senior finished with a double-double adding 10 digs to tie Tori Roe for the team lead.
- Lucija Bojanjac paced the Golden Eagles spreading 20 set assists and Bria Bergman added 14.
- Lara Picht ended with a match-best three blocks and tallied eight kills, while CeCe Madison added nine kills.
- ORU controlled the play at the net out-blocking the Razorbacks 5-2, but the home side picked up a 56-45 edge in digs.
- Arkansas' Pilar Victoria, the NCAA leader in kills and kills per set, posted 19 kills and Okiana Valle closed with 14 digs.
ORU is slated to travel to Tampa, Florida, for the USF Invitational Sept. 8-9, but that could change with the impending landfall of Hurricane Irma. Check www.ORUAthletics.com for any schedule updates prior to the weekend tournament.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.