Score: ORU 3 – Western Illinois 1
Records: ORU (5-9, 2-0 SL) – WIU (5-11, 0-2 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – Behind a balanced attack featuring five players with eight or more kills, the Oral Roberts volleyball team took down Western Illinois in four sets (25-23, 25-22, 19-25, 25-10) Sunday afternoon at the Aerobics Center.
The Golden Eagles claimed the opening two sets, but had to hold off a Leathernecks' rally in the second after taking an 18-10 lead. CeCe Madison delivered one of ORU's five service aces to close the set and secure a 2-0 lead.
After WIU won set three and looked to get back into the match, ORU denied the Leathernecks any chance at the comeback as Tori Roe served the home side to a 5-0 lead. The Golden Eagles closed the afternoon with a lopsided final set aided by 10 kills in the frame from senior Laura Milos.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos led all hitters with 17 kills and added 10 digs for her fourth double-double of the season.
- Shelby Cox reached double-figure kills for the first time this season with 12 on just 20 swings for a .550 hitting percentage.
- Roe and Madison closed the day with 11 digs, while Madison totaled 10 kills for the double-double, her team-best fifth this year.
- Lucija Bojanjac led the Golden Eagles with 30 set assists, one shy of her season best, and Bria Bergman tallied 19 assists.
- Morgan Blomquist provided ORU with eight kills and five block assists and Bri Greenlee also tallied eight kills.
- Emma Norris paced WIU with 15 kills on a depleted roster after a pair of players missed the match following a collision in warmups.
ORU begins its most difficult road trip of the 2017 season playing three times in the Dakotas over a five-day stretch beginning Sept. 29 at South Dakota State.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.