Score: North Dakota State 1 – Oral Roberts 3
Records: NDSU (12-4, 3-1 SL) – ORU (7-9, 4-0 SL)
Location: Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse (Fargo, N.D.)
FARGO, N.D. – Seniors Lucija Bojanjac and Laura Milos combined for a milestone afternoon pushing the Oral Roberts volleyball team to a 3-1 win (25-21, 23-25, 25-18, 25-17) at North Dakota State Sunday afternoon at Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse.
Bojanjac broke the Golden Eagles' career record for set assists, while her fellow countryman Milos became just the second player in school history to reach 2,000 kills in a career. In a matchup of unbeaten teams, the victory kept ORU perfect in Summit League play at 4-0 and snapped an eight-match win streak by the Bison.
A late, four-point surge by ORU broke a 19-19 tie on its way to claiming set one before NDSU evened the match by scoring four-straight points to close set two. The Golden Eagles fell behind 6-1 in the third set before going on a 9-1 run, highlighted by a pair of service aces from Milos, who totaled six in the contest. ORU used that momentum for a decisive victory, its fourth-straight.
Inside the Box Score
- Bojanjac waited until the third set to post her record assist to break the all-time mark, passing Anna Moreno's number set in 2002. She set Milos on a point for a 24-16 lead in the set for her 20th of the afternoon and closed the day with 24 assists as she moved into 10th in Summit League history. The Zagreb, Croatia, native added 13 digs for a double-double, her second of the year.
- Milos reached the 2,000 kill plateau at a critical juncture in the opening set, evening the score, 12-12, on her fourth kill of the frame. The senior put up the eighth, 30-plus kill performance of her tenure, and the third-most in conference single-match history for four sets by hitting .418 for the day.
- CeCe Madison had a hot stretch for the Golden Eagles in the second set totaling eight kills and finished with 16 as she continues to rank third in the league in total kills.
- Bria Bergman paced ORU with 28 set assists, her third-best effort of the season.
- Tori Roe led all players with a match-best 17 digs reaching double figures for the seventh-straight outing.
- ORU out-hit NDSU by a .285 to .250 margin aided by a .379 clip in the opening set.
The Golden Eagles close their extended road swing through The Summit League facing South Dakota Tuesday night in Vermillion, South Dakota. The match against the defending regular season conference champions is scheduled for a 7 p.m. start.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.