Score: Oral Roberts 3 – Denver 0
Records: ORU (8-10, 5-1 SL) – DU (12-5, 3-2 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – Backed by 21 kills from senior Laura Milos, the Oral Roberts volleyball team remained in first place in The Summit League standings by sweeping three-time defending conference champion Denver (25-20, 25-17, 25-22) Saturday night at the Aerobics Center.
Returning home from an extended road trip, the Golden Eagles quickly capitalized on their home court by racing to a 5-1 lead in the opening set aided by two service aces from CeCe Madison. ORU carried the early momentum into the second set and dominated the Pioneers by hitting .400 compared to .176 for DU taking a commanding lead.
ORU took advantage of an early 8-1 run in the final set before the visitors rallied back to even the frame, 14-14. Milos and Bri Greenlee went back-to-back for points and the Golden Eagles never looked back to close out the sweep.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos was nearly flawless in the primetime matchup against the Pioneers tallying the highest hitting percentage of her career at .559, including a .700 clip in the second set. She reached 20-plus kills for the eighth time this season and also ripped off four service aces.
- Madison registered 10 kills in support and Morgan Blomquist led the Golden Eagles with three block assists.
- Bria Bergman paced ORU in set assists with 16, while Lucija Bojanjac added nine and Tori Roe contributed eight. Bojanjac paced the team with 11 digs and Bergman totaled nine, one shy of a double-double.
- Megan Doran made her season debut returning from an injury and chipped in two kills and two block assists.
- Cassie Baird was the only Denver player to reach double-figure kills with 10.
ORU has a full week off from competition and remains home to face Omaha Sunday, Oct. 15 at the Aerobics Center. Full coverage will be available on the ORU Sports Network for the 1 p.m. matinee.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.