Score: Oral Roberts 3 – Omaha 0
Records: ORU (9-10, 6-1 SL) – Omaha (6-14, 3-4 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team combined for nine blocks and shut down the Omaha attack in a three-set sweep (25-7, 25-19, 25-17) Sunday afternoon at the Aerobics Center.
Even without playing a match for eight days, the Golden Eagles showed no signs of rust by scoring the first four points and totaled a scorching .619 hitting percentage in the opening set without an error.
ORU limited the Mavericks to a .000 hitting clip during the matinee by forcing 19 errors and cruised to the victory to remain atop The Summit League standings at 6-1.
Inside the Box Score
- Shelby Cox led the Golden Eagles at the net recording six block assists, while Megan Doran added five. Morgan Blomquist posted two solo blocks and two block assists helping ORU hold a 9-5 edge in total blocks.
- Milos paced the offense with 13 kills, her 18th double-digit kill effort of the season.
- Lucija Bojanjac tallied 22 set assists and needs just one to become the first player in program history to reach 4,000 assists in a career sitting at 3,999.
- Tori Roe was all over the court for ORU and registered a match-high 17 digs.
- CeCe Madison put up four of the team's seven service aces, a season high for the sophomore.
- Amanda Conlin led Omaha with five kills.
The Golden Eagles hit the road for their next two matches heading to Fort Wayne, Indiana, to face the Mastodons.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.