Score: Oral Roberts 3 – South Dakota State 0
Records: ORU (13-10, 10-1 SL) – SDSU (2-22, 0-11 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team set the tone early and cruised to its sixth-consecutive victory shutting down South Dakota State in straight sets (25-12, 25-15, 25-18) Sunday afternoon at the Aerobics Center.
The Golden Eagles dominated in all aspects of the match to remain The Summit League leader with three matches remaining in the regular season. ORU held SDSU to a .047 hitting percentage by totaling nine blocks, with three solo blocks and two block assists by freshman Morgan Blomquist.
Early in the second set, libero Tori Roe recorded the 1,000th dig of her ORU career as the Golden Eagles were able to celebrate another incredible achievement. The junior dove forward for the milestone dig becoming just the 10th player in school history to eclipse the century mark.
Inside the Box Score
- Five different players recorded at least five kills for the home side as the team hit at a .373 clip on the afternoon.
- Laura Milos paced ORU with a 13-kill, 10-dig double-double.
- Lucija Bojanjac registered a match-high 18 set assists and Bria Bergman chipped in 15.
- Megan Doran posted three block assists, while Shelby Cox, Blomquist and CeCe Madison each added two. Bri Greenlee tallied one solo block and one block assist as ORU out-blocked SDSU 9-2.
- Sierra Peterson led the Jackrabbits with nine of the team's 23 kills.
The Golden Eagles face a crucial stretch late in the regular season heading to defending league champion Denver Friday night for an 8 p.m. match with the Pioneers.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.