Score: Denver 3 – Oral Roberts 0
Records: DU (18-5, 9-2 SL) – ORU (13-11, 10-2 SL)
Location: Hamilton Gymnasium (Denver, Colo.)
DENVER, Colo. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team had its six-match win streak snapped on the road at Denver (17-25, 21-25, 22-25) Friday night at Hamilton Gymnasium.
The Golden Eagles fell behind early in the opening set and could not recover, while holding slim advantages over the Pioneers in each of the final two sets before losing for just the second time in Summit League play.
Laura Milos led ORU with 10 kills and nine digs as the offense was held to a .147 hitting percentage for the match.
Inside the Box Score
- Lara Picht came off the bench in the first set and added seven kills for the Golden Eagles.
- Megan Doran posted a team-high .500 hitting percentage with six kills on 10 swings.
- Morgan Blomquist and Shelby Cox tallied five kills each, while Blomquist paced the Golden Eagles with one solo block and three block assists.
- Setters Lucija Bojanjac and Bria Bergman both finished the night with 16 set assists.
- Teal Schnurr nearly totaled her career high leading Denver with 10 kills.
The Golden Eagles return home for their final match this season at the Kenneth H. Cooper Aerobics Center Sunday afternoon. ORU faces South Dakota starting at 2 p.m. with live coverage of the contest available for free on the ORU Sports Network at www.ORUAthletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.