Score: Oral Roberts 3 – South Dakota 1
Records: ORU (14-11, 11-2 SL) – USD (15-9, 9-3 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – In its final home match of the season, the Oral Roberts volleyball team relied on its four seniors to control South Dakota from the opening serve and pick up a four-set victory (25-12, 24-26, 25-15, 25-18) Sunday afternoon at the Aerobics Center. The Golden Eagles remain in first place in The Summit League with the win and have a chance to clinch the regular season championship Friday at Omaha.
Laura Milos led the charge with one of her best performances in an illustrious four-year career. The senior was efficient all day hitting at a .482 clip, while recording 31 kills and 15 digs for the double-double.
ORU could not be stopped in the opening set out-hitting the Coyotes by a wide, .367 to -.067 margin behind five blocks. The visitors held off the Golden Eagles in a second set that featured 22 tie and six lead changes, but it was ORU that again took command of the matinee in the final two sets. A 7-2 run to open set three pushed the home team to another convincing win and ORU put the Coyotes away with an 8-2 stretch late in set four.
Inside the Box Score
- Milos' reached 30-plus kills for the third time this season and the ninth time in the career for the Porec, Croatia, native. Her 15 digs were the second-most of the year as she moves six away from 1,000 in her tenure with 994.
- Lara Picht tallied her best match of the season with a 12-kill, 11-dig double-double; the first of her ORU career. The junior had a .346 hitting percentage providing a much-needed option on the outside.
- Libero Tori Roe had a career performance Sunday with the first double-double of her time at ORU. The junior finished with a career-best 13 set assists and dug 13 balls.
- Morgan Blomquist and Megan Doran helped the Golden Eagles defensively by registering four block assists, while Bri Greenlee and Picht added three.
- Bria Bergman and Lucija Bojanjac were on their game and combined for 55 set assists as Bergman totaled 29 and Bojanjac added 26.
- Shelby Cox finished strong to post nine kills, five of which came in the third set, and Blomquist equaled that mark with nine on 17 swings for a .471 hitting percentage.
- Maggie DiPronio put up seven digs and came through clutch on serve receive in her last home match of a four-year career.
ORU heads to Omaha for the regular season finale Friday night with a chance to clinch at least a share of The Summit League championship. The match gets underway at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.