Match One Score: Oral Roberts 2 – Abilene Christian 3
Records: ORU (3-5) – ACU (3-7)
Match Two Score: Oral Roberts 1 – Tulsa 3
Records: ORU (3-6) – TU (7-2)
Location: Donald W. Reynolds Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team closed its weekend across town with a pair of losses, including a five-set, nail-biter in the first match against Abilene Christian (25-18, 19-25, 18-25, 25-22, 10-15) before dropping the weekend finale to Tulsa in four sets (23-25, 25-21, 18-25, 20-25) Saturday at the Reynolds Center.
The Golden Eagles had three players record a double-double in the five-set contest against the Wildcats to open the day thanks to a quick start. ORU won set one thanks to a 6-0 run for an 18-14 advantage, but ACU claimed the next two sets with impressive blocking. ORU pulled away in the fourth set's final moments to force its first five-set match of the year, where it could not keep the momentum going.
ORU claimed the second set against the Golden Hurricane to even the match thanks to a .302 hitting percentage in the stanza (14 kills, one error) and had leads in the next two frames. TU responded with extended runs during the middle stages to secure the win.
Inside the Match One Box Score
- Fresh off her first collegiate double-double Friday, Mikulic picked up where she left off totaling a team-high 18 kills and added 17 digs.
- Setter Bergman tallied a 41-assist, 12-dig double-double, while Lara Picht posted 14 kills and 17 digs.
- Tori Roe registered at least 20 digs for the second time this season with 23 in the match.
- Taylan Nero also reached double-digit kills with 10 and Morgan Blomquist put up ORU's only solo block with five block assists.
Inside the Match Two Box Score
- Picht put up a match-high 16 kills in the finale as the only ORU player to reach double figures, while four others had five or more kills.
- Roe reached double-figure digs again finishing with 21 to pace the Golden Eagles defensively.
- Bergman dished 34 set assists and narrowly missed another double-double ending with nine digs.
- Nero led ORU's efforts at the net with five block assists as six different players recorded at least one block.
ORU plays its final non-conference matches of the campaign Sept. 14-15 heading to Edwardsville, Illinois, for the SIUE Invitational.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.