Score: Oral Roberts 2 – North Dakota 3
Records: ORU (3-12, 0-3 SL) – UND (11-8, 3-1 SL)
Location: Betty Engelstad Sioux Center (Grand Forks, N.D.)
GRAND FORKS, N.D. – Behind a trio of double-doubles, the Oral Roberts volleyball team made a valiant bid for a road win Friday night at North Dakota holding a 2-1 lead before falling in five sets (17-25, 30-28, 25-22, 18-25, 8-15) at the Betty Englestad Sioux Center.
The Golden Eagles made furious rallies in each of the opening two sets after falling behind by nearly double digits in each stanza. After dropping set one, ORU was able to cap off a remarkable comeback in the second overcoming a 24-18 deficit and seven set points by the Fighting Hawks winning 30-28.
ORU closed a victorious third frame on a 14-6 stretch to erase an early five-point disadvantage for a 2-1 set lead until UND stopped the momentum on a 6-1 run to open the fourth. The Golden Eagles offense slowed to a halt in the final two frames as the Fighting Hawks rallied for the victory in five sets.
Inside the Box Score
- Morgan Blomquist led the Golden Eagles with their only solo block and added a career-best eight block assists helping the defense take control of the match in the second set. The sophomore also had a career night offensively hitting 13 kills and a .370 hitting percentage.
- Bria Bergman put up another double-double as the senior registered a career-high 56 set assists and closed the night with 18 digs.
- Tori Roe paced ORU totaling 28 of the team's 93 digs, her fourth time matching her career-high mark this year.
- Inka Inkret recorded her first collegiate double-double posting a career-best and match-high 16 kills to go with 12 digs.
- CeCe Madison also finished with a 16-kill, 18-dig double-double for ORU.
- The Golden Eagles dropped to 0-5 in five-set matches this season, while UND improved to 5-1.
ORU continues its longest road stretch in Summit League play heading to Purdue Fort Wayne (Oct. 5) before a matchup at Western Illinois (Oct. 7) closes the three-match trip.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.