Score: Oral Roberts 3 – Purdue Fort Wayne 1
Records: ORU (4-12, 1-3 SL) – PFW (11-8, 2-3 SL)
Location: Gates Sports Complex (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Utilizing a dominant effort at the net, the Oral Roberts volleyball team picked up a much-needed road win at Purdue Fort Wayne in four sets (25-19, 25-17, 21-25, 29-27) Friday night in Summit League action at Arnie Ball Court.
The Golden Eagles got at least one block assist from seven different players, including a monster performance from Bri Greenlee. The junior from Knoxville, Tennessee, was a part of 13 of the team's 15 blocks putting down two solo blocks and 11 block assists. She becomes one of only four players in the nation to post 13 blocks in a four-set match this season.
ORU raced out to an early two-set lead showcasing a balanced attack and superb defense to quiet the road crowd. Purdue Fort Wayne battle back to close the gap with a four-point win in the third stanza and had a chance to push the match into a fifth set with a set point leading 24-23.
A kill from freshman Inka Inkret erased the Mastodons' set point and the Golden Eagles finally secured their first conference win of the year on the fourth match point of the night thanks to an attack into the net from Purdue Fort Wayne.
Inside the Box Score
- Greenlee recorded career-high numbers in both solo blocks (2) and block assists (11) helping the Golden Eagles to a season-high 15 total blocks.
- Morgan Blomquist reached double-digit kills for the third-straight match and equaled her career-best output with 13 kills to lead the ORU offense.
- Bria Bergman put up her seventh-consecutive double-double with 44 set assists and 12 digs. The senior also tallied a career-high four block assists.
- Inkret used a team-leading 17 digs on the way to a double-double with 10 kills and Katarina Mikulic posted another double-double behind 12 kills and 10 digs.
- Tori Roe and CeCe Madison registered 16 digs apiece as five different players for the Golden Eagles reached double digits.
- Taylan Nero and Sarah Thiessen provided pivotal play in the decisive fourth set. Nero had two kills on three swings (.667 hitting percentage) to go with two blocks, while Thiessen posted seven digs in the set.
- ORU held The Summit League's top attacker, Nicole Rightnowar, to her second-lowest offensive output of the season, limiting the senior to a .067 hitting percentage.
ORU looks to build on the victory as it closes a three-match road swing with a stop in Macomb, Illinois, Sunday afternoon. The matinee with the Fighting Leathernecks of Western Illinois begins at 1 p.m. with live stats available for the match at www.ORUAthletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.