Score: Oral Roberts 3 – South Dakota State 1
Records: ORU (6-12, 3-3 SL) – SDSU (3-16, 0-6 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team combined for 97 digs to limit the South Dakota State offense as it won it's third-straight, four-set match (25-17, 25-19, 23-25, 25-22) Tuesday night at the Aerobics Center.
It was the third win in a grueling, five-day stretch for the Golden Eagles as their spirited defense held the Jackrabbits to a .156 hitting percentage for the contest. Tori Roe led the squad with a match-high 23 digs and was one of five players to reach double-digit digs.
ORU opened the night with a 6-1 run and cruised to a victory in set one before breaking a 13-13 tie in the second set with a 5-0 run to take an imposing lead. After SDSU scored the final three points of the third stanza to erase a deficit and climb back into the match, the Golden Eagles closed out the win on their home court by posting three of the final four points.
Inside the Box Score
- CeCe Madison paced the offense totaling a 16-kill, 18-dig double-double.
- Bria Bergman kept the Golden Eagles balanced as she delivered 50 set assists and finished with 12 digs for her team-best 10th double-double of 2018.
- Fresh off her Summit League Defensive Player of the Week award Monday, Bri Greenlee led ORU with seven block assists.
- Morgan Blomquist equaled her career-high of 13 kills for the third time in her last four outings.
- Sarah Thiessen tallied a career-high 18 digs, while Inka Inkret also hit double figures with 12.
- Taylan Nero reached double-digit kills hitting 11 and added four block assists.
- Katarina Mikulic was a difference maker off the bench in the final set as the junior posted six kills on a .312 hitting percentage to help the Golden Eagles clinch the victory.
ORU is back on the road for a Sunday afternoon contest at Summit League-leading Omaha Oct. 14. First serve against the Mavericks is scheduled for 1 p.m. with live video and stats linked at www.ORUAthletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.