Score: Oral Roberts 2 – North Dakota State 3
Records: ORU (7-15, 4-6 SL) – NDSU (6-16, 4-7 SL)
Location: Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse (Fargo, N.D.)
FARGO, N.D. – Oral Roberts volleyball libero Tori Roe recorded her 1,500th career dig Tuesday night in a five-set loss (25-23, 25-18, 27-29, 18-25, 10-15) at North Dakota State. The Golden Eagles built a two-set lead and had a pair of match points in the third set that evaporated on the road at Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse.
ORU battled to the finish opening the evening with a 25-23 victory in a set that featured 14 tie scores and four lead changes. After falling behind 8-2 to start the second frame, the Golden Eagles had to fight back on the Bison and scored the next five points and later added a 6-0 run highlighted by three-straight kills from CeCe Madison to close the stanza on a 16-6 stretch for a 2-0 advantage.
A wild finish to the third frame went to NDSU, despite ORU fighting off five set points against and had two chances of its own to sweep the match, but ultimately fell 27-29. The Bison used an early 8-2 run to secure a fourth-set win and forced a decisive fifth frame. NDSU scored five of the final six points to end the contest.
Inside the Box Score
- With Roe's fourth dig in the opening set, the senior registered the 1,500th dig of her ORU career. The St. Louis, Missouri, native is just the fourth player in program history to reach the milestone joining Becky Dreher (2,246), Bruna Silva (2,164) and Cris Alves (1,590). She posted a match-best 24 digs for the night.
- Bria Bergman tallied her team-leading 13th double-double excelling with 49 set assists and 14 digs. The senior added three kills and equaled her career best with four block assists.
- Inka Inkret led the Golden Eagles offensively with 14 kills and completed her double-double digging 17 balls. Madison added a 12-kill, 20-dig double-double matching a career high in digs.
- Bri Greenlee reached double-figure kills for the first time this season hitting 10 on 20 swings (.450 hitting percentage) and posted three solo blocks and three block assists.
- Taylan Nero chipped in eight kills and keyed three critical blocks in the first stanza ending the night with five total blocks.
- The Golden Eagles fell to 0-6 this season in five-set outings, including a 0-2 mark in the state of North Dakota during Summit League play.
ORU returns home for its next two matches hosting Purdue Fort Wayne (Oct. 26) and Western Illinois (Oct. 28) looking for the season sweep over both guests. First serve against the Mastodons is slated for Friday night at 7 p.m. with live video and stats available on the ORU Sports Network at www.ORUAthletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.