TULSA, Okla. – After a seven-game road swing the Oral Roberts baseball team returns home for a Summit League series with second place South Dakota State at J.L. Johnson Stadium starting Friday night.
Friday's first pitch is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. as video will be available through ORUAthletics.com. Geoff Haxton will have the radio call and can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free online and on mobile devices at ORUAthletics.com.
|Oral Roberts vs South Dakota St | April 24-26 | Tulsa, Okla. | J. L. Johnson Stadium|
|Series Schedule||Coverage||Projected Starters|
|Game 1: Friday, April 24- 6:30 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Guillermo Trujillo (6-2)
SDSU- RHP Adam Bray (5-3)
|Game 2: Saturday, April 25 - 2 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Xavier Altamirano (5-1)
SDSU - LHP Chris Anderson (4-2)
|Game 3: Sunday, April 26 - 1 p.m.||Watch | Listen | Live Stats | Twitter
||ORU - RHP Bryce Howe (2-1)
SDSU - RHP Ryan Froom (4-2)
|Social: Twitter | Instagram // Game Notes: ORU | South Dakota State|
OUT OF THE BOX
• ORU continues to roll after Tuesday's win over UALR. The win also extended the Golden Eagles home winning streak to 10 games which is the second longest in the nation. Illinois, Louisville and UMBC have won 11 straight at home.
• Sequeira was named to the John Olerud Two-Way Player Watch List as he leads ORU in saves (6) and holds a 1.42 ERA. Along with his league-leading home run (7) and RBI (40) totals, he is second in the Summit League in saves and ranks 64th in NCAA. He also holds the 55th best strikeout-to-walk ratio at 8.00 with 24 strikeouts and just three walks in 19.0 innings pitched.
• Freshman lead-off Matt Whatley is nearing ORU freshman single-season marks as his 36 runs pass current assistant coach Ryan Neill ('97) He is also just three hits shy of sixth on the freshman list, while his 12 stolen bases tie him with Greg Davis ('70) for fifth.
• ORU has produced winning streaks of eight and nine games this season and lost just twice in their last 20 games. During that 20 game stretch the Golden Eagles are hitting .353 as a team with 172 RBI while their opponents are hitting .238 with 61 RBI. ORU is also outscoring their opponents 188-67 since March 20.
• The pitching staff has been equally as tough with a 2.69 ERA during the last 20 games. Overall the Golden Eagles ERA of 3.20 is 35th best in the country as TCU leads the nation at 2.15. Xavier Altamirano has been efficient for ORU with 1.38 walks allowed per nine innings ranking 50th in NCAA. Altamirano has a Summit League leading 58 strikeouts and just nine walks this season.
UP NEXT FOR ORU
ORU starts another seven-game road swing as they open up the final month of the regular season at Omaha. The Golden Eagles and Mavericks start a three game series Friday, May 1 at 1 p.m. in Omaha.